Chu Hou Beef Rice Recipe
Water enough to cover the beef
Bay Leaves 3 leaves
Beef Shoulder 1.5 pounds
Chu Hou Sauce 3 tablespoons
Rice 2 cups
Lettuce (Shredded) 1/3 head
Salt 2 teaspoons
Ground Black Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
Green Onion (Chopped) for garnish
Le Creuset 4.5 quarts round oven
1. In a pressure cooker, add beef shoulder, water and bay leaves, cover with lid and press the beef button.
2. Pull the cooked beef apart and place in a large bowl. Stir salt and pepper in the broth.
3. Add rinsed rice and 2 cups of beef broth in pot, cover with lid and cook for 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Open lid and stir, cover again and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. Lower to medium-low heat, slimmer for 14 minutes. Heat off, remain cover for 5 minutes.
4. Stir the beef, chu hou sauce and 1 cup of broth together.
5. Sprinkle lettuce on cooked rice evenly, add chu hou beef and green onion on top, cover for 3 minutes. (Attention: keep the chu hau beef stock)
6. Add a spoonful of chu hau stock and sprinkle some green onion on top of rice. Serve and enjoy.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, use a regular pot to cook the beef shoulder (preferably fresh beef) with same ingredients and amount.
First, bring it to a boil, then lower to medium-low and cook for at least 4-6 hours, follow the rest of the steps. (If the water evaporate too much, add hot water into pot until the beef is covered)
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepandamommykitchen
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/