This is another dip for new year eve snack – Artichokes and Spinach Dip. I always like it but never make it at home. Honestly, artichoke is a really new ingredient to me, so glad the only 2 attempts (including this time) came out good.
I tried French onion soup once in a chain restaurant 7 years ago, that was the first time and last time for me. Since that bad experience, I told my husband this soup would never make it in my kitchen. One day out of nowhere, my husband had this soup in mind and requested it for dinner. So much for the “never” like many things, I made this super easy and crazy good French onion soup to go with a spring mix salad. It was a hit and changed my opinion of French Onion Soup forever. My daughters loved it so much, they asked me to make this soup just a few day later. This healthy and yummy soup need 3 ingredients only and take less than 30 minutes from scratch to the table.
Don’t know what to do with those leftover roasted chicken from last night? Add a little fresh vegetables and some simple sauces to make a quick stir-fly dish, you can have a yummy and healthy dish within 15 minutes. This dish will taste extra good if you cook with a sizzling hot raw cast iron wok (even my husband can taste the difference). Serve this stir-fly broccoli and chicken with steam rice, fried rice or lo mein (a popular Chinese noodles), a meal in 30 minutes is done.
Homemade blueberries jam are very easy to make and much healthier than store bought one that loaded with sugar or corn syrup. Just pick the round and firm to touch fresh blueberries, they are sweet and only need to add very little sugar or even none when you make the jam. This little blue fruit called super food for some reasons, it will give you tons of antioxidants to support good health, fight inflammations and even prevent cancers. Have you eat some blueberries today yet?
Challah Bread 1 loaf
Eggs 4 whole
Half and Half Cream 1.25 cups
Ground Cinnamon 1/2 tablespoons
Ground Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Salt a pinch
Butter for rubbing the grill pan
1. Cut challah bread into 1 inch pieces.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients (except butter and bread) in a big bowl.3. Heat up a grill pan on medium high, rub a little butter on it.
4. Place bread piece one at a time into the egg mixture. Soak for 10-15 seconds on each side, let enough mixture soak into the bread.
5. Grill the bread for 1 minute on each side, or until it turns golden brown.
6. Add powder sugar or maple syrup as desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: 1. Bread should be firm to touch when place on the grill. Don’t over soak it.
2. French toasts can be vacuum sealed and store for months.Reheat Method:
1. Place the french toasts on a baking sheets lined with foil.
2. Put french toasts on the middle rack in the oven while preheating the oven to 350F (about 10 minutes), leave it in the oven for 1 minutes after temperature reached. Done.
Hubby bought a big steak and cooked it for dinner last night. It was way too big and we have a lot of leftover to use the next day. Instead of stir-fly it with some vegetables, I decided to make it into yummy beef rice. Hubby loved it and ate 2 full bowls of them, asking me to make it again soon.