Since the first success with my crepe recipe, this easy and fast breakfast became my new favorite. We also started to drink more almond milk and soy milk, instead of regular 2% milk in the last few weeks, because I suspected Alexis is allergic to milk. Almond milk and soy milk are lower in calories and sugar content compare to 2% milk but loaded with lots of vitamins and taste great. That is how I come up with the coconut and blueberries crepes, like usual, create something healthy, easy and yummy out of my refrigerator.
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 full tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
To grease pan Butter
1 pint Fresh Blueberries
To taste Strawberries Cream Cheese
To taste Homemade Peach and Blueberries Jam (Recipe here)
8 inches Non-stick pan (Gordon Ramsay by Royal Doulton)
1. Except the last 4 ingredients, mix all the ingredients together until well blended (no lumps).
2. Heat up non-stick pan over medium heat, grease with a little butter.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons batter in the middle of the pan, spread evenly by swirling the pan.
4. Cook for 5 seconds or until edge is cooked. Flip and cook for 5 seconds, remove and lay flat on a plate.
5. Repeat step 2-4 until all batter is gone.
6. Place a crepe on a plate, spread strawberry cream cheese evenly but leave a 1/2 inch edge all around.
7. Add 1 tablespoon blueberries in rectangle shape, fold crepe from both sides toward the center (about 1 inch from the edge), then roll it up like a burrito.
8. Add extra blueberries and jam on top. Serve immediately.