Blueberries are in season right now. I love this little blue fruits that are so small but so good for you. Eating them raw or blending in a breakfast smoothie are the easy ways to go. To satisfy my girls’ (alright, mine too) sweet tooth, I put this little super food into bake good too.
Since the blueberries will become very juicy during baking, I used Xanthan Gum to turns the blueberries juice into a smooth jam like consistence. If you don’t have it around or couldn’t get it in your regular grocery store, substitutes it with corn starch.
For Cookie Pie Crust
6 tablespoons Cold Butter (small cubes), extra for greasing pan
1.5 cups All Purpose Flour, extra for greasing pan
½ teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoons Sugar
¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
6 tablespoons 2% Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425F degree.
2. Mix everything (but milk) with fingers until breadcrumb like.
4. Slightly flour the counter top, roll the dough into tube, divide into 6 equal pieces.
5. Grease pie pan with butter and flour.
7.Press dough evenly on pie pan until well covered, use fork to poke multiple holes on pie crust.
8.Bake for 10 minutes, take out and cool down to room temperature.
2. Fill the pie crust full with blueberries filling.
3 tablespoons Cold Salted Butter (small cubes)
4 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
1. Mix all ingredients, break the dough into pieces and crumbles on top.
2. Bake for 13 minutes or the crumbles turn golden, remove and cool off on metal rack for 5 minutes.
3. Cool off on rack for 5-10 minutes, serve with fresh whip cream.