This simple and delicious treat tastes best if you use fresh ground cinnamon and make sure you don’t over-toasted the bread. I came up with this easy recipe because I was too lazy to melt the butter or to spread it on the bread. Crispy caramelized toast is a good way to use the almost stale bread or even a little stale one. Little princesses have tiny hands, so I cut the toast in little triangles, cooked some cinnamon apples to serve with it, just scoop a little apples on top of the toast, yummy snack is done.
Cinnamon Apples and Crispy Caramelized Toast Recipe (Serve 2)
3 Red Apples（peeled, seeded, sliced)
1/4 Cinnamon Stick [OR 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon]
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil [OR 1 tablespoons Unsalted Butter]
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar (adjust to taste)
3 slices White Bread (cut into 4 triangles)
3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
4 teaspoons Sugar
1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add apple slices and salt, cook until apples started to soften.
2. Add brown sugar, vanilla extract and fresh ground cinnamon into the pan, cook until apple reach desire texture, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat, use a fork to rub butter on pan bottom for melting and coating, remove butter as soon as pan is slightly coated.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar on melted butter evenly and cook until color turn amber (about 10 seconds).
5. Add 6 triangle bread slices and move around to absorb the caramel in single layer, move slices to the edge of pan and cook for 10 – 15 seconds or until golden brown.
6. Repeat STEP 4 in the middle of the pan while slices are toasting on the edge of pan. Flip slices and repeat STEP 5 to toast the other side. Repeat Step 4 – 5 twice until all the toasts are done.
7. Scoop cinnamon apples on top of caramelized toast right before serving.
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepandamommykitchen
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/
Thanks for visiting. My girls and I love them so much too.