Don’t know what to do with those leftover roasted chicken from last night? Add a little fresh vegetables and some simple sauces to make a quick stir-fly dish, you can have a yummy and healthy dish within 15 minutes. This dish will taste extra good if you cook with a sizzling hot raw cast iron wok (even my husband can taste the difference). Serve this stir-fly broccoli and chicken with steam rice, fried rice or lo mein (a popular Chinese noodles), a meal in 30 minutes is done.
Homemade blueberries jam are very easy to make and much healthier than store bought one that loaded with sugar or corn syrup. Just pick the round and firm to touch fresh blueberries, they are sweet and only need to add very little sugar or even none when you make the jam. This little blue fruit called super food for some reasons, it will give you tons of antioxidants to support good health, fight inflammations and even prevent cancers. Have you eat some blueberries today yet?
Chinese barbecue pork (known as Char Siu) is one of my favorite food. I usually order it as a meal which comes with steam rice, sweet soy sauce, green onion and ginger mixture, the perfect combination.
Hash brown and sunny side-up eggs, pairing with fresh fruits, is a very healthy and easy breakfast. Make some coffee and tea, or a glass of milk to go with it, an appealing and nutritious homemade breakfast is done in 15 minutes.
Challah Bread 1 loaf
Eggs 4 whole
Half and Half Cream 1.25 cups
Ground Cinnamon 1/2 tablespoons
Ground Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Salt a pinch
Butter for rubbing the grill pan
1. Cut challah bread into 1 inch pieces.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients (except butter and bread) in a big bowl.3. Heat up a grill pan on medium high, rub a little butter on it.
4. Place bread piece one at a time into the egg mixture. Soak for 10-15 seconds on each side, let enough mixture soak into the bread.
5. Grill the bread for 1 minute on each side, or until it turns golden brown.
6. Add powder sugar or maple syrup as desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: 1. Bread should be firm to touch when place on the grill. Don’t over soak it.
2. French toasts can be vacuum sealed and store for months.Reheat Method:
1. Place the french toasts on a baking sheets lined with foil.
2. Put french toasts on the middle rack in the oven while preheating the oven to 350F (about 10 minutes), leave it in the oven for 1 minutes after temperature reached. Done.
Hubby bought a big steak and cooked it for dinner last night. It was way too big and we have a lot of leftover to use the next day. Instead of stir-fly it with some vegetables, I decided to make it into yummy beef rice. Hubby loved it and ate 2 full bowls of them, asking me to make it again soon.
Ketchup shrimps is one of the most popular homemade dishes in Hong Kong. My mom used to cook this all the time and it would be gone long before any other dishes. It tastes better if you cook it with the shell on. You have to lick the sauce off the shell first, then peel the shell and eat the shrimp, don’t forget to lick your finger tips at the end. The thought of it make me so hungry.
Delicious Ketchup Shrimps Recipe
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Large Shrimps 1 pound
Garlic (minced) 1 tablespoon
Rice Vinegar 1.5 teaspoons
Ketchup 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Green Onion (chopped) for garnish
Le Creuset 10-inch skillet
1. Headed and deveined the shrimps, rinse and drain well, set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat up the olive oil on medium. Add ketchup, rice vinegar and sugar, cook for 1 minute (beware of the oil splash). Then, stir in the garlic and mix well.
3. Cook until sauce is thicken. Add shrimps and cover each shrimp with sauce.
4. Spread the shrimps in a single layer, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Flip and cook for 1 minute, heat off immediately.
6. Sprinkle with green onion for garnish, serve and enjoy.