I love crepes, my girls love strawberries and chocolate, so I made this chocolate crepe with strawberries cream cheese filling for breakfast today. The strawberries were big and sweet, all riped yesterday and I had to preserve it and use them later. By adding a little bit sugar, the strawberries released the juice and prolonged the shelf life, turned into a yummy dessert on its own, or you can make it into this delicious breakfast (you can serve it as dessert too).
Quick and easy is very important for my breakfast routine because my little girls usually want to eat right away in the morning. I used to buy a lot of cereals, even though most of them are whole grains cereals, there are some ingredients I rather my children not to consume in a daily basis.
So I have been coming up with something homemade, tasty, easy and nutrition dense. The most convenient breakfast is – Fresh Fruit Smoothie. All you need is a blender (food processor work fine too), wash the fruits and add all ingredients, sugar is optional, a healthy breakfast drink is done in 5 minutes.
Hash brown and sunny side-up eggs, pairing with fresh fruits, is a very healthy and easy breakfast. Make some coffee and tea, or a glass of milk to go with it, an appealing and nutritious homemade breakfast is done in 15 minutes.
Challah Bread 1 loaf
Eggs 4 whole
Half and Half Cream 1.25 cups
Ground Cinnamon 1/2 tablespoons
Ground Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Salt a pinch
Butter for rubbing the grill pan
1. Cut challah bread into 1 inch pieces.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients (except butter and bread) in a big bowl.3. Heat up a grill pan on medium high, rub a little butter on it.
4. Place bread piece one at a time into the egg mixture. Soak for 10-15 seconds on each side, let enough mixture soak into the bread.
5. Grill the bread for 1 minute on each side, or until it turns golden brown.
6. Add powder sugar or maple syrup as desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: 1. Bread should be firm to touch when place on the grill. Don’t over soak it.
2. French toasts can be vacuum sealed and store for months.Reheat Method:
1. Place the french toasts on a baking sheets lined with foil.
2. Put french toasts on the middle rack in the oven while preheating the oven to 350F (about 10 minutes), leave it in the oven for 1 minutes after temperature reached. Done.