Asparagus and Shrimp Spaghetti with White Sauce（Serve 4)
6 quarts Water
12 ounces Spaghetti
2 tablespoons Salt (extra for sauce)
1 Medium Onion (thin sliced)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
8 ounces Asparagus
16 ounces Shrimp (28-32 count, headed, veined)
1/4 cup Flour
1 cup 2% Milk
to taste Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Pure Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Le Creuset 3.5 quarts braiser
Wolfgang Puck 10 quarts stainless steel stock pot
1. In a large stock pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt and spaghetti, cook according to package instructions.
2. While waiting the water to boil, add pure olive oil in braiser, heat oil over medium heat until very hot.
3. Stir in onion, cook until transparent. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds or until fragrance, sprinkle in flour and stir to coat onion quickly.
4. Pour milk slowly with one hand, stir constantly with another hand until thicken, add pasta water to achieve desire consistency.
5. Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute, lay shrimp in single layer and cover the lid, cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the shrimp, let it cook for 1 minute and remove from heat, season the sauce with salt and pepper.
7. Drain spaghetti, mix with extra virgin olive oil. Plate spaghetti on a plate, pour white sauce with asparagus and shrimp on top. Serve immediately.
1. Asparagus and shrimp cook fast, do not overcook. Different thickness and size affect cook time, adjust cook time according to your ingredients.
2. If thicker consistency of white sauce is desired, add more milk instead of pasta water after the sauce is thicken. Cook until the sauce is thicken again but it should not boil at anytime, keep it simmering so the milk wouldn’t separate.